Saturday, June 24, 2006

Going down in rock history!

Delgados - Peel sessionBeen doing quite a few bits of things in town today, including preparations for my upcoming trip to Israel. One of the things on my to do list was to go to fopp and purchase the Peel Sessions album by the delgados. This is definately the album of the year, all their music is fantastic and to have all their Peel stuff in one place is just great. Twenty-nine tracks over ten years, including some covers, all magnificent. I also bought some more music, which is always the problem when I go into fopp, and I shall probably speak more about the other purchases later. Once home I started listening to the music and began reading the sleeve notes to the Peel Sessions. I always enjoy reading Stewart's words, he has a great writing style and conveys humour throughout. One day i look forward to him publishing the diary he wrote for the release of the Hate album. Anyway, as I was nearing the end of the sleeve booklet so I came across a name check to me! Over the years I've been a regular on the message board and have enjoyed chatting with stewart and alan barr at various gigs, but here it is, my name in 'rock and roll' literature!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should e-mail your good friend Stewart. And you have another story to tell at NICENSLEAZY.