Saturday, December 10, 2005

Cards

During this mornings shop I bought some stuff to make some christmas cards with, even bought some glitter, which i was quite excited about using. It's ages since I've made Christmas cards, and I'd forgotten that I'm pretty crap at art. However, once I moved away from trying to make trad cards and moved into more abstract patterns I seemed to improve somewhat. Whilst making them I've been listening to:



Which has to be the finest Christmas ep every released. Known for their melancholy tunes, Low even manage an upbeat tune to get things going. Then there's the aching lyrics of "if you were born today"

if you were born today
we'd kill you by age eight
never get the chance to say:

joy to the world and
peace on the earth
forgive them for they know not what they do

No comments: