Friday, November 25, 2005

Planer polarity

I was informed about a post doc research job going at sheff uni and today I've been to have a chat with the guy offering the position. I'm still not sure exactly what I want to do career wise, but I must admit that I enjoyed the chat and discussion about the project. It's been quite a while since I've read a paper, and the past two lunch times I've read one and it made me think of quite a few questions and think of experiments - which is a good sign.

It's a topic that is potentially interesting, though I'm not too familiar with all the background. Planer polarity, or in laymen terms telling your arse from your head. Not as easy as you might think if you are a developing cell that from a distance doesn't appear to have a top or bottom, or back or front. It's essential it does though!

questions to consider, can i live with the amount of hard work necessary, the disappointment of failed experiments, the continues amount of reading around the subject, the long hours.

the challenge certainly excites me......

No comments: