Thursday, October 13, 2005

interview

so it didn't go that well. It's for a clinical trails co-ordinator, and the job sounded quite interesting and i thought I had most of the skills required, bar any real knowledge of research and development policy. Though I thought that i wouldn't have any problem learning it quickly. Something I tried to make clear in my application form. Anyway, most of the questions they asked were about R&D policy and I had to say I had no idea at all about it, but had worked within legal policies before etc. Then they tell me that although the job is advertised in the first instance as a two year placement, they hope to secure funding to make it a permenant position and where do i see myself in 5 years time. My head is screaming at me "not here!" so i have to try and pretend that nothing excites me more than entering a job that i will do for the rest of my life, and that I'd love to work my way up the career ladder.

I'm single and pretty young with no real ties, why on earth would i want to tie myself to a job that I see as a means to an end. Why do I have this lacklustre attitude towards work, i want my life to be more than a 9-5, i want to explore, learn, be challenged, get to know god better, share my stories, make a difference in some way, challenge people, challenge attitudes, write a book, climb a mountain. Maybe these are the dreams of a child and i should grow up....

2 comments:

moog said...

oh no, there goes my link to konnie huq now :(

have you been to india yet?

moog said...

who was that?